RICARIMPEX first launched its AFAQ (French Quality Assurance Association) accreditation procedure in 2002, the aim being to establish the complete traceability of each animal it breeds.
The benefits to the customer are :
- the guaranteed quality of the live leech used, providing a solution that meets their quality and safety requirements,
- the implementation of procedures guaranteeing the quality and traceability that are essential requirements in this field (control of feeding, control of fasting period, etc.)
- an organisational structure that takes into account all the imperatives and constraints in terms of health and the environment associated with this activity.
In addition, RICARIMPEX is the first company to have received 510(k) clearance by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to sell medicinal leeches in the United States for use as a medical device.
Qualification of personnel
The company boasts a team of competent, well-trained and motivated employees. They are actively involved in quality procedures and committed to the rigorous implementation of health and safety rules, which is another crucial factor in ensuring high-quality production.
For its part, the local French Department of Veterinary Services has issued the company with a certificate attesting its capacity to breed, sell and transport non-domestic live animal species, in this case leeches.
The certificate targets 4 objectives :
- the guaranteed well-being of captive animals
- the guaranteed safety of individuals
- indirect support for the protection of wildlife, encouraging those who manage establishments housing animals to manage their livestock in a safe and healthy manner in order to reduce the need to extract from nature to a minimum and maintain a genetic heritage
- the promotion of the role of those responsible for looking after animals.